Bronisław Kohut

About artist

Born
1944
Died
2016

Born in 1944 in Mosty (today, part of the Czesky Teschen, in 1994 part of Cieszyn). After the war, when he was six, finishing the first grade of primary school still in Czechoslovakia, his family moved to Cieszyn where he lived his all life. In 1963 he graduted from the Technical School of Polygraphy in Warsaw, and in the years 1968-1974 he learned graphic design from Paweł Steller. He created graphic works inspired by Steller’s and Wałach’s art, uwith the techniques of linocut, wood engraving, lithography, screen printing and etching, presenting the architecture and folk culture of Cieszyn Silesia region. Connected with Istebna region thanks to Jan Wałach and his linoleum prints and wood engravings that presented the culture and landscapes of Beskidy. He also worked with watercolor painting. He authored numerous book illustrations. He took part in over 120 painting and graphics exhibitions. In 1981-1990 he was a lecturer in the Institute of Arts at the University of Silesia, Branch in Cieszyn. He created in the 70s of the 20th century. He designed about 70 ex-librises, mainly for the public libraries in Cieszyn. He used linear zincotype technique, wood engraving and linocut.

Works

Bronisław Kohut

Thatch of Koniaków

See »

Bronisław Kohut

Homestead

See »

Bronisław Kohut

Venice of Cieszyn, ul. Przykopa 1

See »

Bronisław Kohut

Winter at the Stożek Mountain

See »